Do you dream to immigrate to the United States? Want to have a U.S green card or U.S citizenship, visa, or a lawyer now? Here are some amazing tips to make your dream come true.



Immigration is a way a person transfers from his country to another country in which you choose to live for the rest of your life. There may be factors that made you decide to move, it may be the ambiance, culture, tradition, wonderful people, delicacies, and surroundings of that specific country. If you are a non-U.S. citizen and want to gain permanent residence in the United States you need a green card. In applying for a green card, you will have to take a specific process.

What is the process that you need to do in order to get a green card?

Check if you are eligible to apply for a green card. The eligibility requirements depend on the immigrant category you are applying under. If you are wondering about the Green Card Eligibility Categories, you can site it at this link: from USCIS Website. To be sponsored for a Green Card you need to complete at least two forms - an immigration petition and a Green Card application (Form I-485).

If you are already in the United States, you can apply for permanent resident status without having to return to your home country to complete processing. This process is called adjustment of status. On the other hand, if you are outside of the United States, you may apply at a U.S. Department of State consulate abroad for an immigrant visa in order to come to the United States and be admitted as a permanent resident. This

the pathway is referred to as consular processing.

Here is a General Application Process to apply for Green Card:

* Have someone else file an immigrant petition for you. There are some cases, you may be eligible to file for yourself.

* When the USCIS had approved the immigrant petition, there would be a visa available in your category, you will either file a Green Card application with USCIS or a visa application with the U.S. Department of State.

* Have a biometrics appointment to provide fingerprints, photos, and a signature.

* Have your interview.

*You will receive a decision on your application.

What if your Green Card Application Is Pending with USCIS?

When you have already submitted a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, and your case is pending with USCIS. While it is pending, you will have to update your address with USCIS. Next, you will also check the average time it takes for a particular USCIS office to process a Form I-485. To add more, if ever you want a case status about your application you can go to the USCIS Website or with this link”, you'll need to use your Form I-485 receipt number to look up your case status. You can also submit a case inquiry if you think your application is outside of our normal processing times. Or you can call the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283. Lastly, if you need to travel, see the instructions in this link:, and if you leave the United States without an advance parole document, you will have abandoned your application.

What to do when you already have a green card?

CSIS will issue a Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) to all permanent residents as proof that they are authorized to live and work in the United States. If you are a permanent resident age 18 or older, you are required to have a valid Green Card in your possession at all times. If you are a conditional permanent resident, you cannot renew your two-year Green Card. Instead, you must file a petition to remove conditions 90 days before your Green Card expires, or you will lose your permanent resident status.

A family-based conditional permanent resident must file a Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. If you are an investor/entrepreneur-based conditional permanent resident, you must file Form I-829. If you are a lawful permanent resident or conditional permanent, you are required to replace your Green Card in certain circumstances.

Benefits of Green Card

* Prove employment eligibility in the United States when completing the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Apply for a Social Security Card and a state-issued driver’s license.

* Green Card is valid for readmission to the United States after a trip abroad if you do not leave for longer than 1 year. If your trip will last longer than 1 year, a reentry permit is needed.